Ma photo
Save paper. You’ll save trees...thus forests...thus oxygen...thus LIFE

lundi 4 avril 2011

It's Spring on Mars and on Earth



It's been a long time since I last posted something here. Actually, I had nothing important to say as Tomo's bawling out had left me empty minded.


But time is a great healer. I am done wasting my time brooding over it (though I haven't gotten over it yet). Anyway. I now think that it is way better to wipe the slate clean and start all over again. 


So, I have carried on my life, on Earth of course but on Mars either.


What have I done on Mars these last weeks ?


1/ I have voted : The #MMM thing has litterally killed me. I mean, the defeat. When I went to bed that day, we were ahead. 52.25% (or was it 52.54% ?). With such a percentage, I went to bed quite confident. I knew that the other side of the world had just woken up and that they would carry on the battle.


They did actually.


But it was not enough...


"I WANTED TO WAIT TO WRITE THIS. THIS IS A FUN THING TO PARTICIPATE IN, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR. LET'S FACE IT THOUGH, WE CAN SPEND ALL THIS ENERGY IN A MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE WAY I THINK. IF ALL OF US SPENT THE SAME TIME AND ENERGY VOTING FOR THIS, AS WE DID TRYING HELP PEOPLE IN JAPAN RIGHT NOW, WE WOULDN'T BE  FEELING SAD FOR LOSING, WE WOULD BE CELEBRATING THE FACT THAT WE THOUGHT ABOUT OTHERS WHO TRULY DO NEED HELP, INSTEAD OF OURSELVES...#justsaying"


These words were tweeted by Tomo. No sign at all from Shannon or Jared.


I love you guys, you and your music. You can't even imagine what your music makes me feel. This will never change I think...no matter what. But I always make a point of saying what I think. Always. This is what I call Honesty. This Honesty that one owes to the people they love. And what I think about this is that you should have been with us. The two of you have a total of more than 500 000 twi-followers. Half a million !! One word from you would have rallied all the troops. Only one single word...


But you were not there. The poor little soldiers were left alone. Beheaded.


As if you were not concerned by the MMM vote...Tomo only was. He tweeted more than one time to mobilize the troops.


But I won't comment his last tweet because I don't understand what it exactly means. Was it bad to spend all this energy voting ("we can  spend it in a much more productive way") ? Was it not ? Did we have to put on the MMM vote the same energy as the one we had put to help Japan (but we did actually) ? And this would have prevented us from being sad ? Who are those "others" who do need help ? Japanese people ?...


Of course, there is another possibility. I mean, another explanation : I am completely and desperately stupid and/or not sensible enough to catch the true meaning hidden behind the words...


2/ I have carried on my fight for Serbia : I will not stop until they have a YES we are coming or a NO we are not. Ok, I won't spam anymore but I will carry on tweeting regularly about the fact that Serbia wants Mars. It'll be my regular "booster shot"...for the lovely serbian Echelons.


You rock guys


I have recently learnt that the problem that prevented the band from going to Serbia was essentially a problem of money. Seems that the band is asking for more than what Serbia can offer...


I am sure that efforts can be made on both sides to solve this problem. Exit Live (the organizer of the Exit Festival) seems to have agreed to cooperate. But what about the band ? Jared is not greedy, is he ?


Let's just hope that Serbia will fulfill their dream...


I believe in good vibes.


3/ Haiti Book : I was extremely disappointed when I received a mail from 30STM saying that the shipping date (initially scheduled around the beginning of March) was postponed until the end of April *sigh*.


Like the serbian Echelons, I will have to be patient, patient, patient... :)


4/ I took part in Sophie's (@30STMVOTE) funny quizz about Mars. Could not be here all the time because I have a busy life to live on Earth but the little I did was funny. I also heard this weird story about the brazilian girl in Atlanta. I have even been tweeted a letter the girl has written to Jared. I still don't know why they sent it to me (I know that other people, linked in a way or another to the 30stm, have also received the letter). Anyway. I am not God and I am no judge. Jared and the girl know what has happened and Jared and the girl know why it has happened. So, to me, the case is closed.


5/...eeer I did many other things on Mars but I won't list them all. You could be bored :)


Apart from my life on Mars, my life on Earth was recently enlightened by the arrival of Spring (I loooooove Spring) but also by the discovery of a new author (I loooooove books) : Khaled Hosseini . His "A Thousand Splendid Suns" moved me so much. When you read such a book, you realize (among many other things) how lucky you are to have been born a free woman...


I am now reading "Kite Runner"  (in french : Les cerfs-volants de Kaboul). You must have heard about the movie . The book is...oh... (sensitive souls, keep away from it). Those who have read "The Prince of Tides" know about Callanwolde. There is a "Callanwolde" at the beginning of the story but I won't say more about it.

If you like reading, do run to the nearest bookshop and buy these books. You won't regret it.




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT : I already loved the song. The video is great.


Enjoy !







Féfé-who-is-getting-a-lot-out-of-spring





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire